honey suckle

honey suckle

庭の紹介

 夫婦で庭づくりを福岡の郊外で2003年に始めました. 赤土むきだしの斜面にまず階段や園路をつくって芝をはり、果樹やバラ、ハーブなどを植えました.
 2010年にイギリスの有名なガーデンの、シシングハースト、モティスフォントアビー、ヒドコートマナーなどを回り、その素晴らしさに圧倒され、それから自分たちで小さくても素晴らしい庭をめざして庭づくりをつづけています.



9/10/2026

THE EDAMAME ARE IN BLOOM (枝豆の花が咲いています)

 

My second crop of edamame has grown quite a bit. It’s been just over three weeks since I sowed the seeds. I’ve put up a pest-proof net. However, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the leaves have been eaten away quite a bit. I wonder what sort of pest is eating the leaves.

エダマメの二期作目がだいぶん育ってきました。種をまいて3週間余です。害虫よけのネットをしています。でもよく見ると、葉っぱがだいぶん食べられているのに気付きました。いったいどんな害虫が葉を食べているのでしょう。




When I looked for the pest, I found just one caterpillar on a leaf. It appears to be a cutworm; when I moved some soil aside to have a look, I found two more. I wonder if adult moths managed to get through the gaps in the netting to lay their eggs?

害虫をさがしてみたら、葉っぱに一匹だけ芋虫を発見しました。どうもヨトウムシのようで、地面も少し土をどけて探してみたらあと2匹発見。成虫のガがネットの隙間から入って卵を産んだのでしょうか?




I don’t usually observe the edamame at this time of year, so I’d never seen them before, but I noticed that small flowers were blooming. There are pink ones and white ones. As I sowed two different varieties, I suppose that’s why two different colours of flowers are blooming. It looks as though they’ll be ready for harvesting around the middle of next month.

普段はこの時期にあまり枝豆を観察しないので、見たことはありませんでしたが、小さな花が咲いているのを見つけました。ピンクの花と、白い花です。2種類の種をまいたので、2種類の色の花が咲いたのでしょう。来月の中旬ごろには収穫の時期になりそうです。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

I do appreciate your comments very much - they enhance my day. Thank You.